Feeling helpless today? Here’s a list of 8 things you can do:
- Volunteer. Find a local organization fighting sexism and racism and sign up to help. Find one here https://www.volunteermatch.org/search/org21625.jsp
- Buy a book from a radical bookstore like BLUESTOCKINGS in NYC or WOMEN and CHILDREN FIRST in Chicago. Here’s a list of others. http://www.wheretraveler.com/10-best-independent-bookstores-across-us
- Remind your children that everything is alright but there is work to do. Share your feelings with your kids. Get them involved in compassionate projects.
- Hug it out. Talk to your friends and family about how you are going to move forward. Make a pact to do it together.
- Write about it. Get your thoughts down on paper. Compose an essay, an op-ed, a haiku. Use the activists greatest tool – the pen.
- Donate to a worthy cause. Find an organization working for peace. Send them a dollar.
- Click around the internet. Sign a petition. Start here: https://www.change.org/petitions
- Believe. The truth shall prevail. Freedom will reign. We shall overcome.
"Nothing's impossible, I have found
For when my chin is on the ground.
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off
And start all over again."
- Dorothy Fields