Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WARLOCK HUNT


Sarah Palin is now on a mission to inflame crowds with hate-filled rhetoric. John McCain didn’t dare tread that ground in the debate last night because he doesn’t have to. He’ll let his female running mate do the warlock hunting. And why not? After all, she is a “real” woman. I wonder if Sarah Palin knows that I started my career in the living room of a domestic feminist. Yes that’s right. In mid 1997 I received a phone call from Gertrude Stein who asked if I might be interested in becoming a Guerrilla Girl. I was invited to a meeting in her living room along with other potential members of the activist feminist group. It wasn’t scary. We even had cake. And that started my career as an activist figuring out ways to humorously address women’s issues. Today that means the economy. If I’m not avoiding the economy why are you?

Aphra Behn
www.ggontour.com

No comments: