Thursday, November 6, 2008

How Sweet It Is!

It is now November 6th, and I guess I've been waiting to put my thoughts down because I have been walking around in a daze since the results came in Tuesday night. I was afraid to go to sleep for fear that I would wake up and find that either it was all a dream or the results had somehow changed as they did with Gore.

I am so proud of the voters of this country. I spent election night with a small group of close friends, all of us so afraid to get our hopes up....so afraid that it was too good to be true....so afraid that this election would somehow be stolen once again. When it became clear that an Obama landslide was indeed happening, we all ran onto the balcony cheering, laughing, chanting, crying, hugging, dancing and were joined by people across the street on their balconies and pedestrians walking by and cars honking, bells ringing, amazing euphoria.

For the first time in a long time, I have hope for this country. I am filled with a sense of possibilities to unfold. Equality and justice for all seems to actually be in reach.

We have made history, and how wonderful it feels!

-Dorothy Parker
www.ggontour.com
© 2008

No comments: